DANG 2021 UPDATE - May 1, 2021
County Executive Joe Parisi announced that Dane County will launch a $1 million grant program to assist local artists in recovering from the far-reaching economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The program will award $2,500 grants to 400 eligible independent working artists. The application guidelines can be read here. The County Board of Supervisors will vote May 20 on whether to support the funds for local independent working artists.
Check back for an update May 21.
Engage. Connect. Inspire.
Every great society leaves a meaningful cultural legacy. The people of Dane County, Wisconsin have remarkable gifts to share with the world. Arts, culture, and local history express our common humanity. The Dane County Arts and Cultural Affairs Commission within Dane County Government supports these beliefs through its Dane Arts projects and programs.
The Dane Arts Buy Local project (DABL) re-envisioned itself for 2020 to focus more on providing artists across disciplines skills and training opportunities related to their business and their work.
For 2021, DABL will continue to present panels and presentations about professional development and navigating the arts industry.
To watch the recorded DABL workshops from this year, visit the DABL website (https://dablmarket.com/workshops).
Dane Arts 2021 Calendar & Poster
Due to COVID-19, the Dane County Arts and Cultural Affairs Commission has made the difficult decision to suspend publication of the 2021 Dane Arts Calendar and Poster.
The significant obstacles to safely producing and delivering the products, compounded by uncertain sales projections during the pandemic, were key considerations to suspend production until the following year.
Watch for our return in 2022!
Dane Arts 2020 Grant Recipients
Dane County Arts and Cultural Affairs Commission– aka Dane Arts– produced two videos this year. The first video recognizes, supports, and honors the many different Individual working artists impacted by COVID-19. Over 250 artists were each supported with $500 through a grant called DANG!– the Dane Arts Need Grant.
Now, we are sharing our second short video, "The Dane Arts 2020 Grant Recipients." This video highlights all the amazing Dane County arts organizations funded through our 2020 grant cycles. Their art is a true testament to the innovative and creative thinking from many talented artists and managers here in Dane County.
We are all to be thankful we have such a diverse arena of artists, arts programs, and projects. As with the DANG! recipients awarded this summer, these arts organizations have also given us all so much joy– especially at a time when we continue to be locked down due to COVID-19.
Dane Arts Newsletter
Sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay up-to-date with opportunities in the arts community!
Click here to subscribe.
Dane Arts staff, along with Commission members, offer technical assistance, support, and advocacy countywide. Community service includes: initiating artistic projects, serving as an arts & culture resource hub, and inspiring meaningful connections between artists, presenters, and the community.
- Honoring and celebrating the Arts and Cultural Affairs Commission's community service spanning over four decades.
- Brilliant artwork created by over 100 local individual artists showcased in annual art posters and calendars, of which, hundreds of thousands are distributed near and far.
- Over 60 community murals and 35 storm drain designs created by Dane Arts Mural Arts (DAMA), a community arts effort which was started in 2014 out of this office and is now its own non- profit in partnership with Dane Arts.
- Since 2015, Dane Arts Buy Local Art Market (DABL) has been exhibiting and selling the work of local visual artists in a festive atmosphere with over $150,000 in art sold to date.
- Dane Arts Dance Arts (DADA) supporting and working with local choreographers to produce dance.
- Over 100 local citizens provided service as Commission members and Grant Advisory Panel Members.
- Arts, Culture & Local History Grants (2007-2019): over 1500 awards totaling over $8.7 million (public & private sources) leveraging nearly $54.6 million from other community sources.
Support Our Community
Use the Dane Arts Buy Local logo and learn more about our mission.
Forward Madison Game Day Posters
In its inaugural year, Forward Madison Soccer teamed up with Dane Arts. Fourteen artists produced orignal game day poster designs for the Forward Madison Pro Soccer team. The poster designs were a huge hit!