Engage. Connect. Inspire.
Every great society leaves a meaningful cultural legacy. The people of Dane County, Wisconsin have remarkable gifts to share with the world. Arts, culture, and local history express our common humanity. The Dane County Arts and Cultural Affairs Commission within Dane County Government supports these beliefs through its Dane Arts projects and programs.
Dane Arts 2021 Calendar & Poster
Due to COVID-19, the Dane County Arts and Cultural Affairs Commission has made the difficult decision to suspend publication of the 2021 Dane Arts Calendar and Poster.
The significant obstacles to safely producing and delivering the products, compounded by uncertain sales projections during the pandemic, were key considerations to suspend production until the following year.
Gov. Evers Announces $5 million COVID-19 Cultural Organization Grant Program
Administered by the Wisconsin Department of Administration (DOA), the program provides eligible organizations grant awards of up to $250,000 to cover pandemic-related economic impacts.
Grant applications are due to DOA by no later than 2pm on Wed., Sept. 30, 2020. Full program details, eligibility standards, grant application, and program contact information are available here on the DOA website.
Interested applicants are encouraged to attend a program webinar on Sept. 10, 2020; details are available here.
Arts + Community Mosaic
Dane Arts was featured in a mosaic found in the summer issue of Arts Link!, a publication created by Americans For the Arts.
View the Mosaic here. https://www.americansforthearts.org/mosaic
DANG! (Dane Arts Need Grant) program- NOW CLOSED
Since first launching in April, the DANG! Program has allowed over 250 local artists to receive $500 in financial support to offset lost income due to COVID-19. The video "Amidst COVID-19, Support Local Artists and Local Voices" shares stories of independent working artists from the first round of DANG! awards and highlights the economic, cultural, creative, and community impact of the arts in Dane County, Wisconsin.
The DANG! funds are no longer available. Thank you to everyone who applied and was awarded.
DAMA: Murals for Purchase
The Dane Arts Mural Arts (DAMA) team has created murals available for purchase that are also tax-deductible! These murals are on a polytab fabric that can be glued to panels or directly on walls. Murals can be purchased at https://daneartsmuralarts.org/minimurals.
The Dane Arts Buy Local project (DABL) has re-envisioned itself for 2020 to focus more on providing artists across disciplines skills and training opportunities related to their business and their work.
This year DABL will turn its focus to helping artists build their art businesses. As much of our lives have moved to social media due to COVID-19, we find artists are doing what they do best, finding creative ways to keep us entertained, creating community art projects, playing living room shows for tips, and helping us find the beauty of community.
To support this effort, DABL is hosting a combination of live and recorded workshops taught by artists and other professionals.
Please REGISTER for upcoming workshops on the DABL website (https://dablmarket.com/workshops) and on the Dane Arts Facebook and Instagram pages.
Dane Arts Newsletter
Sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay up-to-date with opportunities in the arts community!
Click here to subscribe.
Dane Arts staff, along with Commission members, offer technical assistance, support, and advocacy countywide. Community service includes: initiating artistic projects, serving as an arts & culture resource hub, and inspiring meaningful connections between artists, presenters, and the community.
- Honoring and celebrating the Arts and Cultural Affairs Commission's community service spanning over four decades.
- Brilliant artwork created by over 100 local individual artists showcased in annual art posters and calendars, of which, hundreds of thousands are distributed near and far.
- Over 60 community murals and 35 storm drain designs created by Dane Arts Mural Arts (DAMA), a community arts effort which was started in 2014 out of this office and is now its own non- profit in partnership with Dane Arts.
- Since 2015, Dane Arts Buy Local Art Market (DABL) has been exhibiting and selling the work of local visual artists in a festive atmosphere with over $150,000 in art sold to date.
- Dane Arts Dance Arts (DADA) supporting and working with local choreographers to produce dance.
- Over 100 local citizens provided service as Commission members and Grant Advisory Panel Members.
- Dane Arts Professional Artists Registry (DAPAR) is producing an application for artists across disciplines to present, post, and sell their art through Dane Arts.
- Arts, Culture & Local History Grants (2007-2019): over 1500 awards totaling over $8.7 million (public & private sources) leveraging nearly $54.6 million from other community sources.
Support Our Community
Use the Dane Arts Buy Local logo and learn more about our mission.
Forward Madison Game Day Posters
In its inaugural year, Forward Madison Soccer teamed up with Dane Arts. Fourteen artists produced orignal game day poster designs for the Forward Madison Pro Soccer team. The poster designs were a huge hit!