Engage. Connect. Inspire.
Every great society leaves a meaningful cultural legacy. The people of Dane County, Wisconsin have remarkable gifts to share with the world. Arts, culture, and local history express our common humanity. The Dane County Arts and Cultural Affairs Commission within Dane County Government supports these beliefs through its Dane Arts projects and programs.
Dane Arts 2021 Cycle 2 Review Panels
Dane Arts Grant Review Panels are open to the public. The 2021 Cycle 2 Reviews will take place via zoom. Attendees must register in advance. See below for schedules and registration links.
Tuesday, September 21, 9am - 1:45pm: Theater, Dance, History, Multi-Disciplinary, Visual Arts, AIE Grant Panel Review
Friday, September 24, 9am - 1:45pm: Music and Music-Related Grant Panel Review
DABL (Dane Arts Buy Local)
The 2021 DABL Pop Up Market scheduled for Saturday, November 6th has been cancelled.
When we first met in January to begin planning DABL 2021, our team agreed to follow the science and go forward with the event only if we are able to uphold an event on par with previous DABL art markets.
Unfortunately, due to the recent mask mandate extension and the emergence of variants, DABL 2021 has been cancelled.
Yes, we could still hold the event, but DABL is about getting buyers up close and personal with artists, to meet and greet, to share and engage through their art.
The risk for possible exposure to the virus is too great. However, we are discussing another avenue to showcase our great artists this fall/winter.
To watch the recorded DABL workshops from this year, visit the DABL website.
Dane Arts 2021 Calendar & Poster
THEY'RE BACK!!! The 2022 Poster and Calendar are BACK-
Stay tuned for an annoucement soon regarding the 2022 Dane Arts Calendar & Poster.
DANG! 2020 Grant Recipients
Dane County Arts and Cultural Affairs Commission– aka Dane Arts– produced two videos this year. The first video recognizes, supports, and honors the many different Individual working artists impacted by COVID-19. Over 250 artists were each supported with $500 through a grant called DANG!– the Dane Arts Need Grant.
Now, we are sharing our second short video, "The Dane Arts 2020 Grant Recipients." This video highlights all the amazing Dane County arts organizations funded through our 2020 grant cycles. Their art is a true testament to the innovative and creative thinking from many talented artists and managers here in Dane County.
We are all to be thankful we have such a diverse arena of artists, arts programs, and projects. As with the DANG! recipients awarded this summer, these arts organizations have also given us all so much joy– especially at a time when we continue to be locked down due to COVID-19.
Dane Arts Newsletter
Sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay up-to-date with opportunities in the arts community!
Click here to subscribe.
Dane Arts staff, along with Commission members, offer technical assistance, support, and advocacy countywide. Community service includes: initiating artistic projects, serving as an arts & culture resource hub, and inspiring meaningful connections between artists, presenters, and the community.
- Honoring and celebrating the Arts and Cultural Affairs Commission's community service spanning over four decades.
- Brilliant artwork created by over 100 local individual artists showcased in annual art posters and calendars, of which, hundreds of thousands are distributed near and far.
- Over 60 community murals and 35 storm drain designs created by Dane Arts Mural Arts (DAMA), a community arts effort which was started in 2014 out of this office and is now its own non- profit in partnership with Dane Arts.
- Since 2015, Dane Arts Buy Local Art Market (DABL) has been exhibiting and selling the work of local visual artists in a festive atmosphere with over $150,000 in art sold to date.
- Dane Arts Dance Arts (DADA) supporting and working with local movement artists and choreographers to create more opportunities to share creative work throughout Dane County.
- Over 100 local citizens provided service as Commission members and Grant Advisory Panel Members.
- Arts, Culture & Local History Grants (2007-2021): over 1800 awards totaling over $9.2 million (public & private sources) leveraging nearly $57.2 million from other community sources.
Support Our Community
Use the Dane Arts Buy Local logo and learn more about our mission.
Forward Madison Game Day Posters
In its inaugural year, Forward Madison Soccer teamed up with Dane Arts. Fourteen artists produced orignal game day poster designs for the Forward Madison Pro Soccer team. The poster designs were a huge hit!