Attention Dane County Artists - Call for Art:
Dane Arts Gallery 2020
The purpose of the gallery is to offer Dane County artists a place to show their work in a frequently visited public space, and an opportunity for the public to discover and enjoy the work of local artists.
The 2019 season is all set. Please check back in the summer for information about applying for the 2020 Gallery season.
Dane Arts Buy Local Night Market 2020
Dane Arts Buy Local (DABL) is a program that connects local artists and businesses through a series of pop-up art markets. By combining unique vending opportunities with professional development workshops, DABL directly supports Dane County artists.
Stay tuned for more information about how to apply.
2020 Dane County Calendar and Poster
Art submissions are to reflect the beauty and unique qualities of Dane County. Showcased art will characterize the distinction of our Dane County local culture. Favored images will provocatively and positively evoke Dane County. Broad and creative interpretation of the beauty and character of Dane County is welcomed. Representation of the stories, history, and people of Dane County are desired.
Application Deadline - June 21, 2019
June 21, 2019. You need to provide a completed submission form as well as other materials as descrived below.
Original artwork in all mediums will be considered. Professionally photographed two-dimensional and three-dimensional artwork will also be considered. Artists must be a Wisconsin resident at the time of submitting. Dane County artists are preferred. New artists who have not been selected for past Cultural Affairs publications are highly encouraged to submit work. Selected original artwork must be available in case it needs to be re-photographed to meet production specifications.
All images submitted will be considered for selection. 12-14 images will be chosen for the calendar, and one image will be chosen for the poster.
- Completed application form (you can find the application form online or in the Cultural Affairs office).
- Submission fees are non-refundable (check payable to Dane County Cultural Affairs):
- Fee: $25
- Up to six high quality images; digital format of recent artwork in any two-dimensional medium -- CD or flashdrive.
- Printed list describing work.
- Artist bio of 200 words (maximum) and/or artistic statement.
Selected artists will be notified by July 19, 2019. Wisconsin galleries representing selected artists also will be acknowledged, if desired.
- Selected artists will receive the following honorarium for reproduction rights in calendar, poster, and promotions:
- Calendar: $125 (per image)
- Poster: $500*
- Selected artists also receive a small supply of free calendars and posters for personal distribution.
*Poster honorarium subject to change based upon design.
Selection criteria include:
- Evocation and representation of Dane County cultural life
- Artistic quality
- Balance of seasonal representations of Dane County
- Market appeal
- Illustration of the theme
For Digital Images
- Files must be submitted on a CD or flashdrive and oriented as you wish them to appear when projected.
- Images must be high resolution (at least 300 dpi, with output size of approximately 5"x7" for calendar and larger output for poster)
- Files must be in JPEG format (preferably with sRGB color profile embedded).
- Each image must be labeled with the artist’s name and a number that corresponds to a printed list with the following information:
- Image number
- Title of work
- Date made
- Dimensions (height x width)
- Acknowledgement of gallery or owner, if appropriate
Submitted images should be of highest quality possible, with color accuracy representing original artwork.
E-mail entries will not be accepted.
|Send application and art submissions to:||Contact info:|
|Dane County Cultural Affairs||Mark J. Fraire, Director|
|210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Room 421||Dane County Cultural Affairs|
|Madison, WI 53703||608-266-5915|